'87, 2.5 Idle solenoid

Could not find a new aftermarket idle solenoid for my '87, 2.5L Comanche. I was able to find an "identical" looking aftermarket solenoid for I believe a 4.0L. The mounting bracket configuration is the same, the electrical connections the same, and the internals (gears, wiring) are the same. The only difference that I've observed is a longer length adjustable bolt (external, contacts the throttle lever) and a larger contact gap (internal, I believe this is to stop the drive motor at a precise plunger movement).  My question is, does anyone have the specs on the contact gap and also the positioning of the large driven gear on the internal threaded plunger? I'm thinking that the gear placement may not be critical, as long as it contacts the other drive gears. I think the contact gap may be the critical part. Anybody ever messed around with this?

If you’re trying to adjust your ISA (idle speed actuator), what you need to do is unplug it on a warm engine, plug in a tach or use your in dash tach if applicable and start the engine. The engine should be running about 3k rpm. If not the screw needs to be adjusted to read 3k. 

Thanks guys!  Good input.  GrandBoost98- The link you provided shows a different unit than the one on my vehicle but... the unit I have is shown in the upper left corner of the screen. So, I guess it is from a Wrangler. Everything seems to be identical to the original unit except the contact gap and the adjustment screw length. I think I can make it work.   eaglescout526- Thanks for the run specs! At least I'll know if it is operating properly.  Thanks again guys!!