2.5 2wd shortbed in Jasper, Alberta.

gogmorgo

Not sure I really want to sell this. Don't super need the money or anything, but it's looking like I'll be moving out of province in the not-so-distant future, which means passing a safety inspection and I'm concerned that'll put it into perpetual backburner project status. Especially since I'll be able to put plates back onto my other MJ, making this one a little redundant the way this one made the other.

194515780_1919644154879326_307350415795835266_n.jpg.12551d066389469d89b43d44018493ca.jpg

This is the most recent picture that was on my phone, I can definitely get better ones, from underneath, etc if there's interest.

It's a 1991 2.5/ax5/2wd, external slave with a 4.10 rear. 188,000km on it and accumulating. Runs and drives alright but far from perfect. Needs a windshield, floors, rockers, cab corners, but I've got a pair of corners someone else cut out of another MJ to go with it. Rust in the rear fenders is beyond the "starting" stage but not through... yet. Reasonably straight other than some dings in the bed rails, tailgate, from the truck being used as a truck. Rear bumper delete. Would come with everything to make it 4x4 other than driveshafts, spare 2.5 engine, spare MJ 4.10 D35. The engine in it runs just fine but has a crack in the block that seeps coolant. It's set up for flat towing behind an RV. It's currently registered and insured and I'd have no qualms about driving it the 1500km to where I'm moving.

For the sake of forum rules about naming a price I'd say $2500 for the whole package based on the asking price of the four other MJs I see for sale online in Alberta, but I'm not trying to get rich off it or anything so there's definitely room to talk if you're interested. I'm kinda sentimental about it and mostly just want to see it go to someone semi-local who'd want to keep it on the road and not part it out or beat the crap out of it. I won't be posting it anywhere else either, as I said I have no real need or desire to sell it other than not wanting to risk having it sit for years before I get around to doing the work on it.

15 minutes ago, saveevryjp1998 said:

I wish you were close, I'd be making a trip to check it out. My 92 swb 2.5 with the same setup was my favorite commuter truck for the city. It was lite, nimble, and great on mpg. I wish it never rusted in half and was one of my favorite I'd ever owned.

Yeah me too, haha. I don't really want to part ways with the truck, but I know what my track record is with major projects... I'm really good at accumulating parts. Getting around to doing something with them... yeah...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived