engine trouble

I just went mudding this weekend. Kinda fell into a 4 foot deep water whole, got out luckily but my trucks all screwed up. Later that night electronics started goin crazy, guages shut down, blinkers didnt blink, clock stopped, headlights dimmed and the list went on. Any way rushed home shut it off and tryed to turn it back on, well it didnt start. I replaced the battery the next day and it started right up. But the check engine light said that there was no spark reference from the distributor. And the volt meter guage only reads the 1st white line instead of at the 14 where it use to run with the old battery. Any way I was gonna check the distributor to see if it got hella wet and i was gonna take the alternator out and go have it tested. Any other suggestions what to check? Your help will be greatly appreciated.

You got two of the things I was going to mention. Check your distibutor cap and rid it of all moisture possible. Get your alternator bench tested at Parts House X.

Lastly, pull a plug from your head and crank the motor with someone watching the hole. Need to make sure there's no water in there or you could really mess things up. If there is water, it will squirt quite far.