Classicaholic website: Is it a Scam?

Dammerung

My dad has been looking for an older car because we came into some money and he just wants something his style. He found a 32 ford roadster replica on this website called classicaholic. However, I think they’re fraudulent because the price and everything going on seems almost too good to be true. Does anyone have any experience or know anything about these guys?

Check it out on the internet.  They seem to have several testimonials on Trustpilot and one scam claim.  There are other sites that came up also but no clear answer from any of them.

Before you commit any money I recommend you check with the Chamber of Commerce for the city/town where they claim to be located.

I checked their website and see they have a toll-free phone number and an e-mail contact form, no indication of their location.  They sell cars on consignment, essentially appear to act as brokers.

The only reference I saw to who they are is “ Tony and the girls”

Their FAQ section is several testimonials and a few questions and answers.

They could be legitimate.  Give them a call and ask where they’re located, how long they’ve been in business, etc.  Then check them out some more.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't let your dad fall victim to to this website. Classicaholics.com is a complete scam, don't believe the positive reviews! Tony Vasquez scammed me out of $20,000 for a 1963 Ford Falcon convertible. He was very cooperative and helpful while we were negotiating a deal for the car. As soon as I (stupidly) paid for the vehicle through a wire transfer to a BofA, he stopped responding to my emails and he won't answer the phone or return my calls. No one will ever answer the phone, I should have known better than to go ahead and foolishly be duped. I paid the price for being stupid. Classicaholics.com and the reviews for their website, are a complete fraud. By the time I realized what happened to me, it was too late. This happened to me on 03/28/2022 and they won't give my money back.