Aluminum valve cover for 2.5L 4 cylinder engine in MO

schardein

Genuine Mopar aluminum valve cover (53008559) for the AMC 4 cylinder, for replacing the plastic valve cover.  I've got about 8 hours of cleaning in this, which is reflected in my price.  Listing here first.  $150 shipped.

This valve cover has been completely disassembled and cleaned.  Every part has been cleaned and I would use this on a new engine.  The brass metered vacuum fitting was completely clogged with sludge.  It's been cleaned and polished.  The fresh air intake elbow was also heavily carboned/sludged and is also clean.  Most of the original finish on the valve cover came off during the cleaning process.  It's ready to be used as is, or polished, painted etc.  Nothing was sand- or bead-blasted, which can leave debris that can find its way into the engine.

Included- valve cover, oil fill cap, metered vacuum fitting, fresh air intake elbow, cable guide and retainer, the vent stand offs and baffles w/bolts, and the original mounting bolts which are longer than the ones used with the original plastic valve cover and are needed for the thicker flange on the aluminum one.

One thing needed is a new gasket.  Also, when originally assembled, there are gaskets between the stand offs and the baffles, and the baffles and the valve cover (so total of 4 gaskets).  I don't know if these are available anywhere.  I would seal them with a thin coat of RTV or something similar.  I would also use a thread sealant to the vacuum fitting during assembly.

I have more pictures for anyone interested.

IMG_2237.jpeg

IMG_2238.jpeg

IMG_2243.jpeg

IMG_2247.jpeg

Archived