new member, clutch master question

Hello all,

New to the forums. Recently bought a 92 MJ. 4.0/5spd/4wd/sb.

About a week after I got it, the clutch master cylinder went out (it actually broke; the plastic peice on the plunger that connects to the pedal snapped.)

Without reading the forums first, I bought a replacement from autozone and installed it. Now, the clutch doesn't disengage until the pedal is almost to the floor. There's also a strange click when I push the pedal down.

Any suggestions? It's bled (used a vacuum pump.) Is it just the poor quality of the part? The clutch used to disengage at the middle of the pedal movement.

Thanks for your help. (expect more questions about the truck. I'm not new to vehicles, but I'm new to Jeeps.)

They may have sold you an aftermarket replacement with smaller bore (happened to me) It happens to be the same as some Toyotas. I pumped mine up with a bicycle pump on the breather hole of the lid of the master and someone opening the bleeder underneath.

Mine suddenly started puking fluid at the master and slave, but I plan to swap to auto, so I stuck corn oil (yes, cooking oil!) in and the leak stopped allowing me good clutch for several months now (It may freeze yet!)