1989 Comanche fuel pump relay buzzing...

1 minute ago, Ωhm said:

No. Its a IGN_SW_I1 feed. Hot (B+) only with KEY ON/CRANK.

Ok, thanks for the clarification!! 

I really hope someone else can benefit from this thread.  I tried to make everything as clear as possible, but please contact me through PM if you are having a similar problem and need help.  Result in this case was a bad input at the ECU, so technically replacing the ECU should fix the problem, assuming the ECU is a known-good unit.

• 2 months later...
On 6/22/2021 at 10:46 PM, scaleless said:

I've got a couple that I would part with for cheap if you sent me your broken one.

Where are you located? What's cheap? Experiencing these same issues currently. Going to check more into all the different key points in this thread tomorrow

9 minutes ago, dustyniner said:

Where are you located? What's cheap? Experiencing these same issues currently. Going to check more into all the different key points in this thread tomorrow

Baton Rouge, LA

$60 + shipping if you send your old one.  That's half the usual price.

• 2 weeks later...

So I had all of these same issues. I switched ecms and now I have a new issue....wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction now.....the ECM I got is for a 87-88.....I have an 89. Now under load it fails on its face and backfires thru exhaust. By under load primarily going up hill. On flat ground and normal throttle it's fine.....last I checked I had a solid 40psi at the rail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.