4x4 AX15 and NP231

Torq_Shep

Long shot but if you have a good one within reasonable distance to San Antonio I may be interested. Have a line on a cheap donor for 3.55 axles and if I have the axles might as well swap to 4x4...

With that being said. If I bought the donor it has a good AW4 but questionable NP231 so I may be able to trade someone auto for manual and find myself another NP231 if/when I buy that jeep from a friend.

• 1 month later...

I picked up a 242 from a ZJ. I am thinking I may need a different input on it but I will get that from Novak if needed. I am getting an AX-15 from another member (trading a stripped donor 01 for it). 

The donor I was going to pick up my buddy decided to keep but his is a 1996 so it will be a 23-spline. 

I have been up your way before but it has been a long while since I was up there. 

I picked up a 242 from a ZJ. I am thinking I may need a different input on it but I will get that from Novak if needed. I am getting an AX-15 from another member (trading a stripped donor 01 for it). 

The donor I was going to pick up my buddy decided to keep but his is a 1996 so it will be a 23-spline. 

I have been up your way before but it has been a long while since I was up there. 

I want to 242 swap mine with an ax-15. I’ve been looking for a 4wd trans for a while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, SatiricalHen said:

I want to 242 swap mine with an ax-15. I’ve been looking for a 4wd trans for a while

They seem to be a son of a b*@ch to find these days. Used to be able to get them anywhere...

Anyone know if ZJ 242 direct swaps to an AX-15 without input change?

They seem to be a son of a b*@ch to find these days. Used to be able to get them anywhere...

Anyone know if ZJ 242 direct swaps to an AX-15 without input change?

That was my plan. I plan to mock up before I install either in the truck