4.7L V8 aftermarket options???

rockhardzj

I know the 4.7L V8 came in the 99-04 Grand Cherokee's, as well as 97 or 99+ Ram 1500's and also Dakota's and Durango's.

My question is, what is there available for aftermarket? Cams, lifters, timing chains, cranks, whatever else... I am looking into adding a few extra ponies into my 4.7L before it gets dropped into the MJ. I'm not going to go crazy, as it will end up being a DD/weekend wheeler, but maybe a total of 30HP/40ft-lbs trq tops. I plan on rebuilding the motor before it gets installed so it will be pretty fresh, and figure a little bit of tweaking can't hurt anything.

In my searches, so far, all I have found is a offset camshaft key in 1*,2*,3*,4*,5* increments, from Mopar Performance.

FYI, its a 4.7L out of a 99 Grand Cherokee, with a 45RFE tranny sitting behind it. Stock now, with just under 100,000 miles on it.

I honestly thought the aftermarket would be pretty big on this engine, and I hear chips are available, so I will look into getting one of them.

Thanks in advance for any help.

There is not a lot available for the 4.7L. I have a '02 Dodge Ram with that motor and while it runs strong, it is known for having some trouble and being expensive to repair if not VERY meticulously maintained. They tend to sludge up easliy is the biggest complaint, but if properly maintained with a good oil (preferably Synthetic), they run great. It is not a highly desired motor and therefore has never received a lot of attention from the performance angle.

OH...BTW...I work at a Chrysler/Jeep dealership in the parts dept ;) .