Question for those who have done the wj brake booster swap

I am in the process of swapping in a wj brake booster and master cylinder along with a cherokee proportioning valve. My question is what is the norm for the amount of brake fluid you should have to put though the system to get all the air out of the lines? I have gone through close to 2 quarts of fluid so far. I have never done this type of thing before, is this normal? I am worried about the master cylinder being bad.

I am in the process of swapping in a wj brake booster and master cylinder along with a cherokee proportioning valve. My question is what is the norm for the amount of brake fluid you should have to put though the system to get all the air out of the lines? I have gone through close to 2 quarts of fluid so far. I have never done this type of thing before, is this normal? I am worried about the master cylinder being bad.

2 quarts? No, not normal at all. Most I've ever done changing a M/C and booster is maybe 1/4 quart max. Hopefully you are starting the bleeding process at the RR wheel, then LR, RF, finally LF. Any fluid on the floor? Do you still have the rear load leveling valve in the brake circuit? If so, this requires a special bleeding process as defined by the FSM. Oh, and did you bench-bleed the M/C before installing? How are you bleeding? Wifey pumping the pedal, or do you have a pressure bleeder? Lots of good threads here on this....................

I looked for leaks today and could not find any. I rebled in the proper sequence and it seems to work much better. It sure stops much better than before I switched the master cylinder and booster. Thanks for the help, it is appreciated very much. Next project is the 8.8