Aftermarkey Radiator hookup

Hey, i recently bought a 1989 comanche for parts for my 88, and one of the things I'm taking out and putting in mine is a Brand new aftermarket radiator. I was going to swap it to an open cooling system, but i have no money right now, so I'm just going to put this radiator in and hopefully swap to an open system once i have some cash. This jeep is a 5 speed though, and i have an automatic. ( I would rather have the 5-speed in mine, but don't have the time or know-how to put it in) I guess my question is, how do i install the tranny cooler line? their are quick disconnects on the stock radiator, but this one just has a pipe with nothing, no cover or anything on the pipes. Does anyone know what to do? I was thinking of putting some 3/8ths hose over it and using hose clamps, and cutting off the flex section of the cooler line and somehow attaching the hose to that. Does anyone know a better way? Does one exhist? Thanks in advance

The tranny cooler lines in these trucks blow. I never fixed mine. But you can just use tranny hose and hose clamps if nothing else. Use 2 clamps for connection, or flare the ends.

Oh, the whole swapping to an open system 'fad' is really not a great mod. If your closed system parts are in good shape, it'll cool just as efficently, if not more... If you're having over-heating issues, I'd suggest flushing the cooling system, replacing the pressure bottle, and replacing any old/nasty hoses. If people have been running straight water in your engine, you might not be able to fix it...