C8.25 width differences

23 hours ago, Dzimm said:

That was more a hypothetical question if the yard would sell the disk swap parts for $100 or less because it would then mean the XJ axle with disks is cheaper than the KJ axle with disks, but id be limited to 3.55 gears due to supply near me.  Regardless which I go with, I'll be buying new pads/rotors ect.  I already bought a ZJ dist block and am gonna swap the spring over.  I thought about using a manual adjustable one but I want to do this in stages so I can more easily troubleshoot if I need to and feel out everything as it changes to make sure I like the direction I'm going.

The KJ I'm looking at has been in the yard for 3 years so I plan on at least rebuilding the calipers, I'll order new ones if I need them.  I will be using the factory parking brake setup if I can get it adjusted.  Having trouble with my current setup with all new parts, which is a whole different issue...

Any caliper that has sat unused for any length of time is probably going to leak when put in service again.  I would just plan on getting reman'd calipers if I were you.  The discs would probably be OK, once you cleaned them up.  I used a vibratory sander to clean the rust off of mine, and hand sanded in the parking brake drum portion.  (Then again, this is in AZ, where rust on junkyard parts usually isn't very significant.)

I would also opt for new parking brake shoes if you are wanting to get the parking brake functional.  You will need to figure out how to use KJ or ZJ cables in conjunction with (probably) an XJ parking brake equalizer.   That's what I did on my disc conversion on my MJ (and what I also did on my XJ before.)