High alternator WITH a/c

Please excuse the atrocity against mankind that is my welding. 

Sorry, no pics of the fabrication process. There was no real method to this build, just cardboard and tack it up until its "right". This is just a proof of concept that it can be done. It was pretty hard . . . .me being retarded and all.

Nickintime has made one too, but his uses a different belt route, the renix era compressor and a larger alternator.

A couple things to mention:

The battery will not fit in its factory location. A small amount of the wheel well had to be cut out so the battery could be 6pivoted and made to fit. Now a small corner of the battery extends into the wheel well. Battery relocation would have been ideal.

As it sits I somehow managed to max out my clearance pretty well for everything that could have been problematic. Idler pulley hitting a/c or timing cover. Alternator hitting hood, etc. But the factory alternator just barely fits meaning a bigger high amp one won't. Nickintimes design does allow for the larger high amp alternator, but sacrifices some belt wrap on the a/c compressor. Is it enough to matter? :dunno:

With the battery as it is now, the upper radiator hose has to be removed in order to remove the battery.

Custom A/C lines will need to be purchased/fabricated.

I wonder if the compressor could be put where the alternator originally went...... :shhh:

For your viewing pleasure.

20190426_193254.jpg

20190426_193300.jpg

20190426_155258.jpg

20190426_155253.jpg

20190426_155333.jpg

20190426_155344.jpg

20190426_155339.jpg