Need help - 2000 XJ

A/C condensate drain tube is clogged -- it's peeing into the passenger's footwell. I can't find where the drain tube outlet is. Does anyone know? I thought it was supposed to run down inside the frame rail, but I've got it up on ramps and I don't see anything that looks like a drain tube.

Got it.

Comes out of the evaporator housing about 2 inches and stops. Doesn't "go" anywhere, it just pees on top of the frame rail. Can't see it from underneath -- that was my erorr. It's right there when you look down from above.

1 hour ago, Eagle said:

Got it.

Comes out of the evaporator housing about 2 inches and stops. Doesn't "go" anywhere, it just pees on top of the frame rail. Can't see it from underneath -- that was my erorr. It's right there when you look down from above.

That sounds just like how my 91 A/C drains. I don't think they changed much over the years..

The earlier ones didn't drop the condensate onto the top of the frame rail, the tube extended down over the side of the rail and discharged directly onto the ground.

Chrysler's bean counters must have saved at least 1.37 cents per vehicle with that change.

1 hour ago, Eagle said:

The earlier ones didn't drop the condensate onto the top of the frame rail, the tube extended down over the side of the rail and discharged directly onto the ground.

Not on mine. It drips on the rail.

8 hours ago, HOrnbrod said:

Not on mine. It drips on the rail.

'91 was next to the last year for the MJ. It's an HO (betcha didn't know that, did you?). That's not "early" in XJ/MJ parlance.