AX15 external slave bell housing and seal retainer (Attica, IN)

INjake89mj

• 4 weeks later...

Did you ever find your bellhousing? Pauls in Lake Station had several ax 15s awhile back that I think I put a post up. Last I was there there were 2 axs left but the ugliest of the 5. They will pull and sell whole for 250 but you have to be there in person, point to it physically for them, pay, and wait or you can save roughly 50 bucks and do it youself. Its probably 2.5 to 3 hrs from you almost straight up I 65.

No I did not. I found a couple whole transmissions at midwest jeeps in Vincinnes. $550 for ext ax15 complete. I'd rather do that than spend $300ish for all the parts to convert one off Ebay. But always searching! 

Guys, please take this advise from an old guy for what it may be worth after a lifetime of experience.

There is always a better deal "down the road". But how far down the road do we want to wait for a few dollars?

My wife and I purchased houses in our 20's, 30's, 40's etc. All the time, we finished the rehab just before we sold the house. We never really got to enjoy the finished house.

Our final house, we did the full rehab when we moved in. We got to enjoy what we wanted while we lived there.

So fix your truck now the way you want. More money comes along in life. Better Comanches don't come that often.

John, I agree with you 100%!

I am in the process of gathering parts at the moment. If this was something needed to keep forward progress on a job, then yes, I would have already ordered the parts off Ebay. But since i have time, I may as well get the most bang for my buck.

Hopefully have complete transmission bought by this weekend, guy in southern IN has a few listed on CL. I will be going down there this weekend to look at one.