'88 Eliminator - Windsor / Detroit Area - Kijiji

Fresh paint on vehicles for sale always makes me NERVOUS!   The tonneau / bed cover on the MJ has been for sale by itself off and on for at least the last 6 months.   The ads, that I've seen any way, have always been from someone in the Windsor area.  

37 minutes ago, HOrnbrod said:

Especially on vehicles from the rust belt or the frozen north. :(

That's generally true but there are lots of exceptions.   My MJ and XJ (low mileage) both came from rural areas where they don't use as much salt.   They also didn't see a lot of winter use.   They were both rust proofed on an annual basis.   The previous XJ of the XJ was a fanatic about it.   My TJ also came from a rural community and never saw a winter until I got it.  It was towed to Florida behind a motor home every year   It's just started to get the notorious top of front fender rust.   My LJ was a small city car until I got it.   The front fenders were shot but they were easy to replace.  The body seams are usually the worst.   I get my cars sprayed every year at Krown Rustproofing and it helps a LOT.  I also spray them as I work on them.  My wife's '07 Ford which we bought new is rust free ... and she's not exactly easy on it.