Blinker relay

Since I bought the car I have had a ground problem somewhere causing the fast blink.

Looking at all of the sockets trying to fix it.

Think I have narrowed it down to some aftermarket blinkers that PO put on the front side fenders. Probobly because of some law here in sweden. It is a real pain to get to them, so ive just ignored the fast blink. All of the lights work though so its not really a problem, just annoying.

Do anyone know if there you can put in a different relay that does not react to the ground issue?

/mathias

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

I installed side markers in mine several years ago and have had no problems. I wired them in parallel to the front turn signals. Make sure the PO didn't wire the side marker bulbs in series as the extra load can cause weird issues on some flasher units. Some LED bulbs can also cause flasher issues when mixed with incandescent bulbs. Try swapping the turn signal and emergency flashers at your fuse panel; you simply might have a bad flasher. 

lights6.jpg.42ddc172933354e8a526fd70cfc395f3.jpg

6 hours ago, Ruxus said:

Since I bought the car I have had a ground problem somewhere causing the fast blink.

Looking at all of the sockets trying to fix it.

Think I have narrowed it down to some aftermarket blinkers that PO put on the front side fenders. Probobly because of some law here in sweden. It is a real pain to get to them, so ive just ignored the fast blink. All of the lights work though so its not really a problem, just annoying.

Do anyone know if there you can put in a different relay that does not react to the ground issue?

Yes, you can. The standard turn signal blinker is load-sensitive. It's set to blink at the normal rate when all the turn signal bulbs are working. If one bulb burns out, the load changes and the module causes the signals to blink faster. That's intended to let you know a bulb is burned out ... but most people don't know that.

The problem is that adding a trailer, with additional lights, also changes the load and affects the blink rate. So for trailer towing they use a heavy-duty, non-load-sensitive blinker module. It always flashes at the same rate, regardless of the load. That might be all you need to solve your issue.

Again fellows, something new everytime I log on. I just got one of my 88s going again and it started a fast blink as eagle described. My passenger front side marker bulb even started to stay lit at times after removing key from ignition with truck off and lights off. Problem solved now, thanks my heart sunk soon as this started recently after I just finally almost have wrapped up my first wj knuckle conversion on this truck. It has been on jack stands for 2 years as other projects/daily drivers continuously put this one on the backburner😃

If the lights work (correctly), they have a ground. Keep in mind that if there is a bad ground, one circuit/filament may seek a ground by back-feeding through the other filament. That's when you start seeing funky behavior from the lights.