Jeep build sheet lookup

gogmorgo

On 2/17/2018 at 5:01 PM, gogmorgo said:

Found this cool tool today that could prove useful to some of us.

https://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/jeep/index.html?screenName=customer&country=us&emailUrl=goToEmailForm%28%27R%27%29

If you hit "equipment listing" on the left column, it lets you plug in a VIN and get the build sheet, without having to email Chrysler or go to a dealer, or whatever.

It does come with the disclaimer that it only works on vehicles that were built after 1998, which is when ChryCo started requiring digital input of the build records, although many existing paper records were input so you can still get lucky on earlier builds. My MJ's build sheet came up, but as anyone who has contacted Chrysler for their build sheet will know, some of the AMC option codes have been reused by newer model Chrysler products, which may suggest some rather interesting options. Apparently my MJ has the "southwest edition" package which I guess is what includes the "door armrest storage light" and the "power rack and pinion steering".

I was always upset that my dealer didn't rtell me about the rack & pinion steering option when I ordered my '88 Cherokee ...