Speedometer issues after modifications

Ok,first off thanks to everyone who helped me through my 2wd to 4wd conversion! It worked perfect, except for my speedometer.my old 2wd ax4 trans had aspeedo cable that went into the tail,well afyer putting an ax5 w a transfer case out of a 96cherokee(my trucks an 87). Ihad sum issues first the new tranny jas the speed senser in the transfer case (electroc senser) mine is cable. Anyway i removed the sensor and took the rod out of the sensor with the gera on it and took my rod and gear out. The gear on my cable driven one is much smaller and the rod is shorter.so i took and switched the gears put the one off the electric sensor on my cable driven rod put it in the transfer case and waa laa! Well not so much the speedometer works but seems to be saying almost half the speed I'm actually traveling!?!? Soooooo... How do i remedy this is my question?? I meed my speedo reading proper... Please help!!!

waa laa? Do you mean voilà?   :yes:

It's okay changing the shaft from short to long or vice-versa for the speedo gear depending on which housing it's going into. But  you must also clock the housing depending on the gear tooth count, and use a gear with the correct tooth count based on your gear ratio and tire size to indicate an accurate MPH on your speedo. Read all about it HERE.

Ok thank you very much for the reply, thatwas all i meeded its very simple. I guess i didnt relizethe part thag goes in the hole is a cam shape so all i do is clock that withe the right gear on it and basically thats it, ok thanks again as soon as i can figire how to put up pics id love too.. Lol guess I'm not the only one struggling w that anyway wen i get the rigjt gear(causei broke mine) ill get it fixed thanks again!