Ironman4x4fab Shackles

Purchased some new MT military wrapped springs with an increased arch for my Comanche. Throwing in an 8.8 along with the tow hitch from the merchant here. Looking at these shackles http://www.ironman4x4fab.com/Products/RLS.html which will give me about an inch of lift at the lowest setting. Trying to keep the jeep around 3.5 inches and it's sitting at 3 over stock with an 8.25 in it spring under. The tubes from the 8.8 will drop it a little and the springs will settle. Anyone have experience with the shackles by chance? Or any reasons why I shouldn't run a longer shackle besides axle wrap? Hoping the military springs and heavier spring rate will negate it specially since its only an inch over stock length. Thanks

If you're at 3" over stock now, with the new axle and settlement you'll be at 2" to 2-1/2". So to net another 1" of lift with a shackle you need a shackle that's 2" longer than stock. These things are 8" long at minimum. The stock shackles are around 4-1/2" eye-to-eye, so this Ironman thing is at least 3-1/2" longer. That means it will create 1-3/4" (or more) lift compared to a stock shackle.

I might be wrong was just over at NAXJA reading up and the Cherokee guys were saying they're getting 2 inches over stock. Figured since they get about an inch of lift off MJ shackles it'd only be around an inch of lift on ours total.

Damn for some reason I thought MJ shackles were 6 inches not 5. So it'd be 3 over stock and half that toward lift. Meeh might be a bit too much trying to avoid the 4+ inch lift and all the things involved with it.