Full rear leaf spring packs... build or buy.. best riding?

May go a different route with my MJ, if so I will be looking to keep it spring under (swapping in a new rearend) and need about 3.5" of lift.

What is the best riding rear spring pack that would give me that amount of lift? Would prefer to buy a new set, however if building is the only option I will do that.

TIA!!

I cannot believe I am going to recomend a RUSTYS product....but my rear leafs are a 4" pack and ride/flex and feel great.

But they are 4" and for the first couple thousand miles where closer to 5" of lift.

But the price cannot be beat and after all RUSTYS don't make them!!

CW

I cannot believe I am going to recomend a RUSTYS product....but my rear leafs are a 4" pack and ride/flex and feel great.

But they are 4" and for the first couple thousand miles where closer to 5" of lift.

But the price cannot be beat and after all RUSTYS don't make them!!

CW

I was looking at rusty's but was a bit apprehensive, nice to hear they are decent springs. I will probably go that route.

I will check Alcan too, but don't know much about it.

Alcan is a TOP quality spring maker, but quite a bit pricier than the Rustys springs.

If you can swing it, the ALCANS are better.

CW

I have checked into Alcans for a 3.5" lift spring, they wanted something like $260 per side!! i went with rusty's.

I had custom packs made for Pong 2 yrs ago and they were 480 to my door shipping was kinda high, but man I love those leaves... they will be going on another project now... Thinking about stretching the wheel base on one of my XJ's :nuts:

Alcan is a TOP quality spring maker, but quite a bit pricier than the Rustys springs.

If you can swing it, the ALCANS are better.

CW

I have checked into Alcans for a 3.5" lift spring, they wanted something like $260 per side!! i went with rusty's.

I know...Thats why I went RUSTYS!! I think I paid $270 for BOTH!!!

But you get what you pay for..ALCANS are top shelf!!

What I really liked about the alcans were they seemed to flex great right from the start. They were not stiff like I hear ppl complain about with other springs.

Also since they are custom made for your rig, and what you carry makes it nice