starting problems?

hey guys ive been on here before concerning problems starting up lol...

so i have another question for yall..

its been real cold here where i live lately..and i own a 86 cherokee as my driver/wheeler..its never given me a problem starting up until sunday...

i went out to warm it up to go wheeling and well it started and i didnt keep it going...(carburated) so it died..so i simply tried starting it up as always but this time...it just went uh uh uh...as if there were no spark or gas...i have plenty of gas....then this morning..same thing...it started for a sec then....died...then....uh uh uh haha...its really wierd...does anyone have an idea of what it may be? fuel pump?...bad spark?

Image Not Found

fuel, air, and spark...you're missing one of them (well, compression too but). Did you check for ignition @ the plugs? if yes, are the plugs wet or dry? Just start with the basics until you can figure out what's missing, then diagnose from there.

Did it just suddenly do this, and does it run at all or just crank?

Jeff

fuel, air, and spark...you're missing one of them (well, compression too but). Did you check for ignition @ the plugs? if yes, are the plugs wet or dry? Just start with the basics until you can figure out what's missing, then diagnose from there.

Did it just suddenly do this, and does it run at all or just crank?

Jeff

well yea it just suddenly decided to not start....its never given me a problem in the cold like this before..saturday was just as cold and i was out driving...so idk what it could be

well i finally did it...i took it to a shop haha i just couldnt figure it out...so i figured i could spend a week or more trying or a few days of it at a shop that i know the people do good work....

plus the comanche is still dead haha....i need a good steering colomn with a key haha i have 3 but all are broke...w/o keys

well i got it back...seems i got some water in the carb.. plus it was always idling around 2k... and i think my air filter was not helping...so i got a new one...but now...it idles too low...gotta adjust it... whats a good idle setting for it...right now it sounds like its always about to die...and idles at around 300...way too low