1992 Jeep Comanche Sport 2WD - MD

terrawombat

The time has come for me to part with my beloved '92MJ.  It's a 4.0L H.O., 5-speed AX-15, 2WD shortbed.  The odometer reads around 165K miles, but the actual mileage is up around 250K (the idiot light cluster was replaced with a full cluster and the mileage was never adjusted).  I no longer drive it much and I'm looking to update the fleet with newer vehicles.

Good:

• No rust or rot (floor pans repaired by PO)
  • Runs strong
  • Shifts smooth (no grinding - the AX-15 is definitely newer/rebuilt, but I have no receipts to prove it)
  • Comes with MJ-specific Leer bed cap
  • A/C is fully functional
  • Brand new Luk heavy duty clutch (less than 1K miles)
  • Brand new flywheel (just felt like replacing when i did the clutch)
  • Clean, clear title in my name with no leins ready to be signed over
  • New headliner

Bad:

• The clutch slave has a slow leak.  I've been filling up the reservoir when it gets low and don't drive it too much so I haven't had the motivation to fix (new clutch slave cylinder kit included - I believe it may also need a new master cylinder.  I have one to include with the sale of the truck)
  • It was used as a work truck at some point in its life.  Many small dents and scrapes
  • Steering box is a bit loose
  • It's a 2WD - I have zero parts to convert it to 4WD
  • Drivers window regulator needs replaced.  The worm drive is stripped when the window is put all the way down...need to pull up on the window and turn the handle to get it back up to where the worm gear will grab

I'm located on the Eastern Shore of MD and my asking price is $2000.

Thread with some more info on the truck: http://www.comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=26095

Comanche registry with VIN and build date info: http://comancheclub.com/topic/24610-1j7ft26s9nl215160/

Not the last MJ to roll off the line, but close to it.  It hurts me to put this truck up for sale because of the method in which I purchased it and the adventure I took, but I feel it's a good point in my life to move on.  I still have plenty of Comanche's left to play with!

This thread, PMs and e-mail (kerrt43@gmail.com) are the best ways to reach me.  Available most weekday evenings and weekends to show the truck.  Still registered and insured so test drives are on the table.

• 4 months later...

Archived