Acts like it has a cold.

Picture this. Driving along down the highway in my 88 MJ with a 2.5TBI with AW4 and the motor starts coughing and sputtering like its gonna have a seizure. Then it acts like its got a cold. Then it just dies. Give it a few minutes and it will start right back up and let you go down the road for a bit. Then it decides to do it again. :mad: I talked to Mjeff about this issue and he had the same thing, but he diconnected his o2 sensor and it went away. I tried that and it went away, but not for good. It got me home. I went to work yesterday and going to work it was fine. Coming home it died. Sat for a minute and it started up and made it home. About 10 miles. :cheers:

It acts like it is starved for fuel. I have replaced the fuel filter, and the fuel pump it less than a year old. I have not dropped the tank, but I see that in my future. I also see a thorough cleaning of the Throttle body, and injector. CPS is less than 4 months old. Only thing else I could think of would be the MAP sensor, TPS, or the IAC.

Does anyone or everyone have any idea what is going on with this thing. :nuts: I need it to be reliable so it can be my DD.

Thanks in advance.

Jerry