1987-1992 rust free comanche

TieDyeJK8

been looking to buy a comanche for awhile now and can't seem to find one locally (Mid Michigan) willing to travel up to 500 miles from Saginaw Mi to get a clean rust free comanche. looking to spend $2000-$2500 but get more money for a perfect one. would prefer to find one thats an automatic 4wd short bed but will consider any comanche as long as its rust free. please help me find a nice MJ before winter hits!!!

I'm going to be selling mine, but don't know if you will want to drive to Memphis area..

It's about 800 miles (little shorter but long nonetheless)

Are you dead set on 4wd?

Mine is 2wd, 4spd, 4cyl that gets about 25mpg+  hwy.

Slight rust in floors (pin holes) and rear spare tire 'thingy' that let the spare down. Otherwise pretty rust free.

And not looking to hurt feelings, but you might need to 'up' your budget a bit to find a nice one.

Blue-book and the like rate these upwards near 8K in VGC with all the bells n whistles..

I lived in Michigan for a short time and I think they get cited by the auto mfg's if they DON'T put down 2-5" of salt on the roads 8 months out of the year..

If I'm going to be painting mine, it's going to be around 32-3500 with extra engine.

It's just faded red and want to do the 97 front end swap for looks. But looking to ask around 2800 as it sits. (just the 16" Grand Cherokee wheels and new tires cost around 850)

There was one listed here near me for around 2000 but was all different colors (and probably beat up...)

4wd doesn't get treated very nice around here. Actually most all I've looked at or seen have been WELL USED you might say. 

Doesn't matter the make. They go 'muddin' all the time.

I'm going a different route and found a '97 2dr, 2wd, 4cyl that I want to do a V8 swap to..

I've put about 10K on it so far, drive it every day but need more room for the kids.

E

• 2 weeks later...

prices seem to be all over the place for comanches with in 1000 miles of me. there was a rust free 2.5L 2wd 4 speed the other side of the state for $1700 which was sold by the time i contacted the seller (my luck) and a beautiful rust free 2.5L 2wd 5 speed down in Ohio that sold for $2200. i saw it posted on a Sunday talked with my father who told me hed drive down with me to look at it that Wednesday and the guy ended up selling it Tuesday night (i think god really doesn't want me to get a comanche) the salt on the road is hte reason i need to find a winter vehicle soon lol i don't want to have to drive my mustang on salt covered roads! might have to just end up buying a subaru. Memphis would be a little to far of a drive for me because it'd be longer than a day trip and would still be over the budget i want to stick to. $2500 is the max id want to spend for a 2wd but have up to $4000 to spend for a nice 4.0L 4x4. almost bought one on Ebay a few days ago but with the shipping it was about $400 over my max budget. only had 68K miles , was 4x4 although it had a little surface rust but not bad. 

• 2 weeks later...

PM me your phone number.  

If you would like it cheaper, I can put the original wheels and tires back on. (I spent close to $1000 on wheels and tires. And they will fit on my 96 2dr)

I try to be a low-stress person, and I've had so many 'deals' slip through my hands over the decades that I can easily put myself in your shoes..

It's still got it's quirks, but nothing that has stopped it from driving me anywhere I needed to go in the past year.

EVERYTHING is negotiable.. I know it's far from you, but pray about it and see what God says..

Errol