How do you swap a HO 4.0L into a Renix while keeping the HO power and electronics?

How do you swap a HO 4.0L into a Renix while keeping the HO power and electronics? I know it requires a harness swap and, ideally a donor '91 up Cherokee. But what things have to be changed, and can the cluster be kept the same on column automatics as most Cherokees have a floor shifter?

How do you swap a HO 4.0L into a Renix while keeping the HO power and electronics? I know it requires a harness swap and, ideally a donor '91 up Cherokee. But what things have to be changed, and can the cluster be kept the same on column automatics as most Cherokees have a floor shifter?

Yes, it can be done.  I put a 99 XJ motor/trans/TC into my 87 MJ and didn't change a thing in the interior of the truck.  I kept the same gauges and column shift.  The wiring harnesses had to be merged together, a few relays added, and most of the sensors needed switched out.  Unless you are really good at this kind of stuff, I'd recommend you find a good shop to do the swap for you.  That's what I did and it was worth every penny.

I'm pretty sure the computer and everything else electrical was swapped over from the XJ ... so the truck thinks its a 99 XJ.  I'm not completely sure, but I think the old sensors and sending units (cooling, oil pressure etc) had to be moved over from the Renix to the HO so the original MJ gauges would work properly.