Rear axle swap questions. Mostly Exploder 8.8

The search engine here and naxja lack. The only thread I can find on this is old and is missing some answers.

My Turdy5 gave up a couple weeks ago. Instead of polishing this turd, I would like to swap in a better axle.

Most likely will be able to pick up an Exploder 8.8, complete, not sure on specific gears, lsd, etc. But something functional is better than not.

I know that the mounts need to be removed, and new perches welded on. And possibly shock mounts. But in theory I can use the Exploder spring plates to run the shock like the mj is factory?

Also, what I have gathered is that the exploder soft brake line will bolt in to the MJ hard like, true? One of the biggest things I need to know is will the park brake lines from the exploder work, or what do I need to get to make them work. My MJ is a manual, so this is important. It is also my understanding that flipping the backing plates side to side will put the calipers in the front and make the cables closer?

Apologies if it seems like I am writing a book. But, I just want to make sure that there is not anything I am missing.

I will be staying spring under.

Do you plan on keeping it SUA? For SOA I welded new shock mounts on and perches. The exploder softline will bolt up, while swapping it however i would recommend buying new soft lines and possibly hard lines depending on condition. You might as well while the axle is out. I still haven't addressed the parking brake myself, but again I am SOA now so slightly different. Sorry if I wasn't much help here is a link I used and it was pretty helpful. 

http://comancheclub.com/topic/39063-88-axle-swap-into-a-90-comanche/

Staying SUA, so i figure that i could use the Exploder leaf plates with the shock mounts for meow.

I live in California so it's pretty clean. Thought about finding a longer soft line as I plan on some lift at some point. But, getting back on the road is more important currently.

I would imagine you could use the spring plates and shock mounts.  I think you would have to swap them around to get the shock mount position on the correct side of the axle, but those plates look pretty easy as far as being able to rotate them 180 degrees and swap them side to side.  I was looking to stay SUA as well and considered using the explorer plates.  Definitely post up what you find, because that seems like the easiest/cheapest solution for shock mounts on a SUA setup.

Pretty sure the Exploder leaf plates are basically the same as the MJ plates, just longer to accommodate the larger axle tubes. The exploder shocks mount behind the axle, IIRC, but should be easy enough to swap.  

It will probably be longer than I want, because the friend whom I'm supposed to be picking up the 8.8 from is on vacation! Maybe I am slightly bitter, since I have to pay to fix my truck? haha. 

I would imagine you could use the spring plates and shock mounts.  I think you would have to swap them around to get the shock mount position on the correct side of the axle, but those plates look pretty easy as far as being able to rotate them 180 degrees and swap them side to side.  I was looking to stay SUA as well and considered using the explorer plates.  Definitely post up what you find, because that seems like the easiest/cheapest solution for shock mounts on a SUA setup.