Chrysler 8 1/4

k ill start over haha.

I bought 2 axles (front and back) from a 96 cherokee. I'm putting them in my truck to convert it to 4x4. after lifting the rear however much it will be after putting the 8 .25 in, than want to even out the front so its about the same.

how would i go about doing this?

Personally, I would seriously rethink doing the spring over. That's going to lift the rear at LEAST 5" and, as I've posted, I think it'll be closer to 6". Once you get into that much lift in the front, you NEED either drop brackets or a long arm kit, a heavy-duty adjustable track bar, adjustable upper and lower control arms, and probably a stretched front drive shaft.

What are you going to be doing that absolutely requires that much lift? I bought my '88 MJ with a 4" lift in it, drove and wheeled it for two years, then I removed the lift aand went back to stock height. I couldn't be happier. Best mod I ever made.

I think what Eagle and I are both trying to do is impress upon you how tall going SOA really is.

I fit 34" tires with 3" of lift and some cutting.

What's your tire goal?

It shouldn't be anything more than 35's on those stock axles, and should be more like 33's if you want the dana 30 to last long.

You could fit 33's on 3" of lift, and at that height you won't have to redo your entire front end.

i personally wanted 3-4" of lift with 31"s and to convert to 4x4. my dad refuses to use the add-a-leaf lift because he hates it (to stiff). if i do the axle over with the dana 35 how much lift than? and would a need a long arm kit? I really don't want 6".

1106253624_l.jpg

Thats it with the 31/10.50's

anything spring over is going to be 5+ inches in the rear, unless you find some flatter leaf packs.

31's fit alright on the stock suspension, perhaps you should just grab some shackles and some spacers to gain another inch or two and run the 31's like that.

bumpstops are your friend.

I agree. if you don't want 6.5" of lift, a spring over isn't the solution. don't want add-a-leaf, then don't get it. your best bet is a cheapo spacer and shackle lift, or a lift with rusty's 4.5" rear springs and whatever 5.5" front springs and such you can get (it should be level with more of a lift up front.

i personally wanted 3-4" of lift with 31"s and to convert to 4x4.

I don't recall the tube diameter for a D35 and it's raining outside so I'm not going out to measure one right now. Let's guess it's 2-5/8". The mounting surface of the perch is probably offset from the axle by about 5/16", and when you weld on a new one on top of the axle that's going to be another 5"16" (or so). And then there's the spring pack -- four leaves at 1/4" plus the overload leaf at 1/2"

------

That's the minimum lift you'll get going SOA. If the axle tube is actually larger, or the perches have their mounting surface farther from the surface of the tube, the amount of lift goes up. So you really should be figuring 5" if you do SOA.

If all you want to run is 31s, a 3" lift is MORE than enough. Even a 2" budget boost will be plenty. Remember, 31s will fit a stock height MJ just fine. On factory rims they stuff inside the flares. The rubbing you'll get is on the lower control arms at full steering lock, and a lift does NOT eliminate that.

i already have the 31's on my truck....i just want to get some more space in between the front fender and tire (less than 2 1/2")

ill keep looking around for what i want i guess....maybe just leave this for my project truck and finance a new mini...hahha