Relay Id and electrical Diagnosis Help

here's a pic of the relay

Crazy mine just had a generic factory relay there. Have had two 92 both had just a black relay, this one I'm having issues with had keyless entry. Needless to say I pulled the relay after following the wire schematics and don't see where ill have any ill effects. And everything it seemed to control behaves as if the relay is there.

• 5 months later...

I'm trying to figure out what the relay that goes into the brown receptacle under the dash on a 92xj controls. There is a cluster of three relays on a bracket that attaches to the kick panel on the driverside. With an aftermarket stereo installed and this relay in place the stereo is always on. If I remove the relay the stereo performs as it should. I've double and triple checked the wiring of the radio. searched for any disconnected or obvious ground errors. Any help would be appreciated. I do not have a stock radio to test, but I've used my multi-meter and a test light. The ign wire at the stereo plug is getting power from the relay through the coil or some other back fed item controlled through this relay. If I try to turn on the blower the deck looses power. All these tests with the ignition off.

The pink wire that energizes the coil at this relay has power all the time unless i pull the dome fuse. The other side of the coil at this relay is yellow with a black tracer.

15832225044_182e66bc38.jpg

vehicle info:

92 4.0 laredo 4x4

Has anyone determined what the Other Relay is for... I have yet to determine what it is..  I have an 1992 Jeep XJ sport, where the Relay went BAD.

It is similar in design to the module in this PHOTO, except mine only has two relay slots.  The far right (in the Image) in my circuit is the Horn relay.

I was able to trace the problem to this relay, because it was making a lot of noise.  Once I switched it with the adjacent Relay, the problem went

away.  But my question is, What is the Other RELAY for.. and where can I locate it in the schematics?

Thanks, 

Alfredo Alaniz  :thumbsup: 

ps, my circuit, does NOT have the third relay slot, there is NO place for a relay, which is closest to the mounting bracket.