Power Steering

I own a 1986 Comanche with A/C and without Power Steering. The truck was purchased in southern California by my brother and I have it here in New York. Aside from all the age-problems that the truck has (like me) the A/C is hardly necessary and not very effective anyway. The lack of power steering makes parking it like parking a twenty eight foot box truck.

I’ve got the manuals, but was curious if anyone had ever heard of switching out the A/C unit for a power steering pump and changing the gearbox.

A side note, does anyone recommend a good paint shop in New York City/New Jersey area?

Dennis :USAflag:

the power steering pump mounts to the left of the a/c unit. keep the a/c, add the power steering. bolt on the box and lines and power steering pump.

you may need to swap out some brackets to a p.s. equipped one...

post up some pics of your engine (view from driver's side front corner and straight-on view) or send me some and I can tell you what's what.

• 4 weeks later...

Pete,

Thanks for the reply.

I will post photos. This projest has had a back seat to a million other things I've been doing, but it's important, especially since I have a bad rotator cuff and parking the truck in tight spots has become painful.

I'll be n touch.

Dennis