good 6.5" lift...ideas for a bolton kit?

I personally think sheet metal is optional.... and only needed to keep it street legal :nuts:

good point, i'll go truggy!

ha, no, this will be a DD/winter truck/wheeling truck.

i don't care about gas mileage...i'd rather have a vehicle that i can drive year round. part of the goal is to stop driving the 3800 and keep the mileage down. I even am building a shed to store the 3800 in, on a cement pad where a building used to be.

All joking aside.. I believe in the low look, thats why I cut sheetmetal, or do away with it :eek: You can get Bushwacker flares or TJ flares and make it look clean. I would hate for you to keep it SUA and be unhappy with the way it rides.

see, I like the low look. but I HATE the wheels stuffed into fenders look. and I am probably putting TJ rear flares on it all around in the future, so cutting will probably happen...just not now. I'm gonna do the SUA 4.5" rear for now, and if i don't like it maybe i'll shed a tear and then put the stock springs on and SOA it...my brother or my dad can then use the rear springs, as neither of them wheel their comanches.

kinda funny with all the manches we have that not one of them is really for wheeling...with the exception of this one.

I fixed this one

by removing most of the dent, replacing the grille and repairing the header panel plus replacing the bumper...now i just have to smooth it out a bit after i remove the fender flare

less than 5 hours spent on it and parts i already had. oil change, tranny fluid change, and i get the 89 for 900 dollars, but he keeps the nice tires on it.