97+ door windows in 96 and earlier doors?

Understand some people are putting 97 clips on their Comanche, but I am wondering if anyone has installed the 97+ one piece window on a Comanche without changing the doors?

How about it fellows? Any information?

The post for my fixed vent windows really obstructs my side mirror vision on both sides. Thinking that a one piece window could solve my problem.

Thanks for any information

Understand some people are putting 97 clips on their Comanche, but I am wondering if anyone has installed the 97+ one piece window on a Comanche without changing the doors?

How about it fellows? Any information?

The post for my fixed vent windows really obstructs my side mirror vision on both sides. Thinking that a one piece window could solve my problem.

Thanks for any information

I posted about this before, and from what I'm told you can't do it. the guts are entirely different.

BUT that doesn't mean you shouldn't try... :D I actually don't think anyone has tried, but simply "looked" at doing it.

and i'm still "looking" at doing it. let me know the results

you have to gut the door, and put all the 97 stuff in, window tracks, regulator, everything.

probably be easier to just use the 97+ doors and adapt the B pillar latch side of things, and have them painted.

you have to gut the door, and put all the 97 stuff in, window tracks, regulator, everything.

probably be easier to just use the 97+ doors and adapt the B pillar latch side of things, and have them painted.

not really easier....i mean, having something painted gets expensive. and then they don't match right.

I would like to do the guts swap...it would take so little time to do, no readjustment of doors or messing with the striker, just drill some rivets, take out some phillips screws, a 10 mm bolt, a bolt-whose-size-is-unknown and thus requires a crescant wrench (window bolt), and then remove the parts.

no clue on the newer style tho