Suspension Help

Hey y'all, new member here. I'm picking up the new toy this weekend and I figured I may as well figure the suspension out while it's sitting as I fix other little things. It's an 87 long bed with the big ton package and the 4.0 it's got the auto in it now and while I want the stick I think I may build this for my wife to drive. That said it won't do any hardcore offroad but she wants it to look good so I need to know what's my best route for a small lift to run 31's under it. It doesn't have jeep rims so I'm already looking at spacers, it shows signs of past rubbing so right now it has the tiniest little tires on it and looks ridiculous..lol

I've been checking lots of posts and 31 is big enough and I can avoid changing any gears or LCA's and pretty much stay stock after I extend brake lines correct? It needs new shackles so whats best bet there? And since thats a minimal lift is there an easy leaf I can add from the junkyard or got with a kit. I'm a junkyard fan on my other truck :)

To help out with any options y'all can give me I'm a confident mechanic and have a full time one in the family if I feel over my head and my brother in-laws dad runs a welding outfit so getting work done is cheap and easy.

So toss me some ideas to get maybe 2-3" out of it as cheap as possible to be reliable and safe.

You can run 31x10.50s on stock Jeep rims with NO lift at all. Aftermarket rims probably won't mean spacers -- no aftermarket rim as as much backspacing as the factory rims, so any aftermarket rim will stick out farter. That's when you start smashing tires into sheet metal and plastic.

Rather than throw money at a lift, I recommend that you shop for a good set of used XJ or MJ rims.

Coil spacers in the front and full size Chevy lowering shackles in the rear will get you a full front and rear 2 inch lif without problems. Be sure to do an alignment afterwards including caster adjustment. And I agree with a set of stock jeep wheels if you want to stick to 15's. If you shop right though a set of JK wrangler takeoffs can be had for less than new tires including the cost of adapter spacers. I did this to mine and love it. I have less lift than you and they fit pretty well with minor trimming and negligible rubbing. They are 32 inches stock so real close to to what the 31's would be. Just an idea!

Looking for jeep rims will work, the set it comes with look like bronco rims. After reading up on it some I'm pretty sure the reason it shows rubbing only on one side is from the shape the bushings are in, you can tell the axle has shifted a little. I swear it has four donuts on it now..lol 

I was leaning toward an add a leaf type setup to give the old leafs some new life. They are in decent shape or I would just get new ones. New coils up front are a must have since it is getting a heavier bumper and a critter killer on it. Where we live hitting deer and hogs is a normal thing so some extra insurance up front is nice.