Won't Stay Running After New Water Pump Install

Ok guys so about a month ago my comanche overheated it turned out that the side of my radiator on the trans cooler side blew apart then caused my pump to go bad I just installed a bran new pump, new radiator, new upper and lower hose new fan clutch pretty much my whole cooling system is all new we'll I filled it up today and I went to start it and it ran for about 10 secs then shut right off tried again and I get the same thing it starts then shuts off. I'm at a loss and don't kno where to go from here. I checked the coil and everything and still nothing. My truck is an 88 with the 4.0 HO engine. Has anyone ever hAd a problem like this before after over heating?

Check to see your compression in the cylinders. If you have a cracked head, your SOL until you replace it. Happened on my sisters TJ, she didn't catch it in time and it overheated to the point where the oil was like water and the coolant evaporated. Poured bottles of water directly in the radiator and it boiled immediately back out. That 2.5 was shot. I suppose yours didn't get that hot, though, right? 

Yea I don't think it got that hot cuz originally I blew my lower hose well had a tiny pin hole in it I replaced the hose filled her back up and I had the same issues with it starting then turning off then out of no where it stayed running again then about a week later I was driving I heard a little pop then my temp idiot light came on and I shut it down immediately then noticed the side of my end tank where it connects to the bars separated and I'm guessing that's what the pop was. I got it towed the next day came off the flat bed it started right up and pulled it into my spot 50 feet away and shut it down. It's just weird cuz it did it the first time when the hose went and then a screwdriver dropped in the fan it clinked off the fan and it stayed running again...I do I I'm flustered over this what about the crank sensor if it got wet or something?

Check your fuel pump ballast resistor on the drivers side fender.  Connect both wires directly together and try starting it.  Mine went bad and caused the same issue you are having.  The nice thing is it's like a $5 part only!

X2 on the resistor.

Only because years ago I did some cooling system work which involved pushing & pulling on the hose(s), especially on the driver's side of the engine bay.  I had leaned my arms against the resistor and pushed one of the wires off.  After trying all kinds of troubleshooting I had it TOWED to the shop.  The guy called me in 5 minutes and said it was fixed.  He said I owed him a 12 pack.