Alternate Leaf Springs?

I've read that Tahoe rear leaf springs are appropriate for use in modified MJs, being the same spring rate and forward length but 5in shorter on the backside. Since I was out dragging my rear bumper on the rocks a few weeks ago I've gotten very interested in reducing rear overhang, moving the spring shackle 5in forward sounds like a good start and a heck of a lot easier and cheaper than a 3-link. Does anyone have experience with this or know which specific Tahoe is appropriate to yank springs from? I saw it mentioned briefly on JF that it was done but there was no detail and it's crowded there so I figured I should ask here first.

I found what I wanted to know on Pirate4x4, thanks to Mr. N there. He made a nice, comprehensive and easy to follow chart. I edited it down for my own usage. Seems there are a number of options from GM that would be nearly drop-in to reduce the rear spring length and gain some ability to bob the back end. Obviously you'd need to weld a rear shackle hanger on each side but that's not a problem if you're considering this kind of thing anyway.

leaf_springs_edited.png