Blower Motor Resistor

So i've blown two of these in the last two weeks, I know old/failing Blower motors can cause stress & fry them.. But i just replaced the blower motor a few months ago. So what else causes these to fry?

/e Found a chunk of insulation type stuff near the resistor, Assuming that was the problem.

Hope this one lasts.

There is a thermal fuse in the resistor pack. If mice build a nest in the blower or the blower box and the nest material gets packed around the thermal fuse, it overheats and does what it's supposed to do -- blows. I lost two in the space of a couple of weeks in my 2000 XJ thanks to the danged mice.

One of these days I'll try to replace the thermal fuse in one of the old resistor packs and see how that works. The resistors themselves should be fine.

There is a thermal fuse in the resistor pack. If mice build a nest in the blower or the blower box and the nest material gets packed around the thermal fuse, it overheats and does what it's supposed to do -- blows. I lost two in the space of a couple of weeks in my 2000 XJ thanks to the danged mice.

One of these days I'll try to replace the thermal fuse in one of the old resistor packs and see how that works. The resistors themselves should be fine.

Yea, Found a little nest in my glove box. Which is strange seeing how we have nearly no mice around (and a good hunting cat)

Did this yesterday.

So far so good~