1962 Chevrolet C10 Shortbed Stepside

I bought this truck with intentions of building myself a hot rod because I have never owned a vehicle with a v8 in it. I've always wanted to do some burnouts and go to the dragstrip and see what I could do, so I talked to a friend at work and his dad has had this thing for 21 years, but it sat for about 5-7 years once they started restoring it. The frame was already sandblasted and painted, new brake lines and fuel lines hooked up. I bought it for $1700 when it was sitting beneath a lean too (not sure of spelling) with not motor or trans. I traded him a old snap-on toolbox I never used for a good rebuildable 350 sbc engine, .040 over flat tops etc. and it's been in the garage ever since.

I have lowered it about 4" with springs. He already did a 5 lug conversion on it (front and rear).

Anyway thought I would post up some pictures for y'all.

When I found it:

Out of the barn: (by the way, not my s10 in back ground)

Another:

Before the rear was lowered:

After:

And the front:

Since then I have taken most of the paint off, I took the bed off and put it in the yard with a tarp over it. Hopefully sending it to get sandblasted pretty soon. There is still a lot to do to this truck. Hope you like it.