How Much Is It Worth

Sorry I'm new here. Ive got a 1986 MJ 2.8l longbed 4x4 all stock. grayish silver in color but with clear coat peeling off :(. The windshield is cracked. Its a 5 speed truck. It runs great and the 4x4 works amazing. no Dents on body but a little rust on passenger side bed above fender well. It has brand new tires.How much do you think i could get for the truck if i were to sell it? Thanks in advance and sorry if I'm in the wrong section.

Photos speak a thousand words..........

Sorry, it's just not easy to do an "appraisal" blindly. 

Location is also a big factor...... something you didn't mention.  Trucks sell for more in certain areas of the country, much less in others.  4x4 is unnecessary and generally undesireable in some areas, and a must have in others.

The '86 is argueably the least desired of the MJ line because of the 2.8 engine and other first-year design "flaws".  The long bed is also something that can make it more or less desireable.

Well first off, can't give that great of a guess without pics or location. That would help as well since the market varies by state/region.

Just don't expect them to be worth much no matter where you are, I've seen rust free ones go for under $500 with the 4.0L before. The one I just got only ran me $1000 and it came with a Ford Escape full of spare, new, used, and custom parts. All it needs is the rear main replaced, which is super easy on the 4.0L.

Secondly, your best bet is eBay or CL since it has the 2.8L. Most around here avoid it like the plague, so you'll probably get more in those locations. The bed length also does seem to play a part around here like yella said, personally I prefer the longbed... with an auto. So call me the oddball if you will. But those are just personal tastes person to person, the 2.8L though is known to everyone around here as 100% junk.

Now someone after a great body and isn't planning on a 4.0L swap or isn't afraid of hammering out the firewall might want it, but not going to be willing to spend as much as you'd probably like on it.

Sorry i don't have no pictures right now of it, but its in east Tennessee. I don't look to make a fortune and i know the 2.8 isnt desirable . its really just an old truck that runs pretty good. not really for parts but nothing special. Id like to get 1500 out of it, does that sound pretty reasonable?

Archived