Maybe Naming This One "number Seven"......

Oops, I did it again.

This one makes 7.  Yes....... 7 Comanche's.  Wasn't there a Grizzly Adams character with a mule named "Number Seven"?  Lol.

Anyway, I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to take a road trip to Albuquerque and grab yet another MJ.  This one caught fire - I suspect bad injector seals allowed fuel to hit the cracked exhaust manifold.  They got it snuffed fairly quickly but the damage is done.... all the wiring is fubar.  The fire worked it's way past the firewall into the dash briefly so that's fubar too.  The interior survived for the most part...... except for the windshield and headliner. 

Got it cheap enough to justify the fuel for the trip down there.  So, I'll sit on this VERY rust free New Mexican MJ until I get other projects done.  Then I'll look for a '98-'99 XJ that's been totaled from a hard hit to the rear and do a complete late model swap to it.  It's the perfect candidate since all the damaged stuff would get tossed anyway.

This one just had the engine rebuilt too....... hoping I can salvage the engine.

Anyway, it's an '88 Olympic Edition 4.0/5spd 4x4 with A/C and full skid package.  The body is super-straight except for the dinger to the driver's tail light area.

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

:wrench:You know what needs from start to finish a vehicle project that is # 7 for you. Congratulations I never heard about this model but I understand this ruck is rust free and do not have to much to fix in paint and body. Remember no easy to find and need to pay if you have a Comanche.    :USAflag: It's a American Icon like eagle. :driving:Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Comanche Hooker and Enjoy your Project!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!