Fuel Pump Or Relay Or ?

My new to me 1987, 4.0 turns over but will not start. The previous care taker, who I trust completely, was a mechanic for 30 years and is now a pastor. He said it was running until about a week before I came to pick it up. He was the father-in-law of my good friend who died about a year and a half ago. The widow offered me the truck a few months back, but I only recently went to pick it up.

Anyway, The fuel pump is getting juice but the power to it drops after a second of two. The fuel pump isn't functioning but I am not sure if it is the pump, the relay, or something else. This is my first fuel injected project, so please bear with me. Any help would be appreciated.

In the engine bay is a ceramic resistor, on the driver's side of the inner fender.

Unplug the two wires from it and take a piece of wire with two bare male spade connectors on it, hook those two wires together.

The resistor may have failed. test it after that, and let us know if the truck will start/or if the fuel pump will whine.

After that, it's possible it's a relay, but more likely that it's the pump.