Pacesetter Headers

That particular header is designed for the 01 XJ and 00+ TJ/WJ. 

This is the model I am looking at (without the fancy coating)

72C1129.jpg

My intent for this thread was not to discuss any hard or artificial data regarding header design and construction or actual power output. My primary goal was to search out a header that is well built, has a decent fit and finish and should resist cracking. I am not trying to eek out another 1/10 second in the quarter, I am trying to assemble parts that work with each other for many years to come. While the information explaining why a certain product is 'lacking' is certainly helpful, it is rather useless to the guy who wants to make an informed purchase if no suggested product is given or if no such product exists. 

W

ow is my pacesetter even worth installing?

The PaceSetter continues to become a more attractive option in my mind as a 4.0 exhaust manifold replacement. The cost is not much more than stock replacement parts (remember, I was going to reuse the stock manifold until I discovered several cracks), it exists at two points like the late model 4.0 manifolds (which are more resistant to cracking) and it seems to be well received by the folks who own and use it.

I agree totally.

Ok then since my oem manifold has a slight leak,and I already have it i'll go with it ,and hope for the best. Thanks for the information.Hornbrod what mods would you suggest?

Depends on your pocketbook. For starters, an HO head because of the mismatched exhaust ports for your Renix head for the header. This will allow you to install an HO throttle body, a 99+ intake manifold w. a 97 and up power steering pump and bracketry. Then you will need to do the TPS work-around if you stay with the Renix system.

I'm not a Renix fan, support parts are drying up for them, and to me it's like polishing an obsolete turd. BUT I respect those who love their Renix Electronique machines, are comfortable with this French/Bendix system, and will not change. If you are dead set on keeping the Renix setup, others are much more qualified to respond than I.

I have the renix pace setter header ,and bought it from a fellow CC member as it was a good deal ,and new in box. Was only looking to fix a problem at the time ,and any gains would be a plus. I think i'll re-gear to 3.55 ,and install the header and call it good until something bad happens to my engine.Pocketbooks kinda light ,and will be that way till I get my house paid for.

Sounds like a real good plan, and you have your priorities straight.  :thumbsup: