'87 Metric Ton Mj Restoration

I finally did it.  Started working on my rusty old metric ton.  Started with the rocker panels.  Ordered them from rockauto.com.  Ended up having to fabricate new inner rockers to mount to, of course.  The fit was decent, kind've funky where they meet the fenders though.  And then I took out the seat and pulled the carpet out of my MJ & pitched it.  Drivers side was extremely rotted, had to replace almost everything and go half way up on the trans tunnel, but the U-frame was still good.  I capped it off and added a new seat crossmember, then laid new pan on top, so it's double thickness.  Rockauto front floorpan worked great, and I just cut my own peices for the rear.  The passenger side was in much better shape, but I still used most of a prefab front pan from rockauto.  Patched in the rear pan, and didn't have to mess with the crossmember, just whip the rust off.  The floor took me alot longer than expected, but it's finally together.  Drilled out 1" holes in the lowered areas on my new floorpans and washed it out good before paint.  Seems to drain great. Never realized how horrible painting inside the cab is, but I got it done.  Primed, 2 coats of blue, and 2 coats of satin topcoat.  Now I at least have an idea what the rest is going to look like.  Yesterday I started on the outside, sanding the frame rails, door jambs, the area around the fresh air vents (wondering how those work??), and the roof.  Trying to get rid of the black bedliner that the PO painted some of it with and turn her blue again.  Still need to patch in the passenger cab corner, and remove some things before I'm ready for another section of painting.  Hopefully the weather holds out for me.  Pictures to come.