My Headliner!

Not sure if this is the right section. More of a idea than a write up, I forgot to take pics... Anyways, when I bought my manche 3 years ago all it had was the foam spray painted black (so you have an idea where I started.) Well I finally got around to doing something about it! 

What I used:

2 foam blocks (12"x24" I think) It was like 3" too small so I 2 pieced it

Hot Glue

permatex headliner glue

cherokee sound bar

town & country overhead console

6 1/2" dual speakers (only $25 lol)

2yds realtree ap fabric

sandpaper

basically what i did was kinda cut the foam to the size of the console, using sandpaper I shaped ti to contour the headliner. Then I used hot glue to adhere the foam to the headliner. After it was dried in place i continued to sand and shape the foam until if had easy edges and the console fit snugly. 

Time for fabric! Sprayed on the glue, with the help of a friend and alot of stretching there was camo on it! Only one wrinkle about an inch long, but it'll be under the sound bar. Test fitment shows success!

So then I was on to trimming the sound bar to fit the cab, required taking most of the back side off to get it where I wanted it. Then I cut out the speaker holes to fit the bigger speakers. Removed the center light (I may put it back on later.) Sprayed some more glue, and proceeded to stretch! (I was working solo by this point so i ended up with a few more wrinkles. Luckily they're all on the backside so you can't see them. Then it was time to mount speakers & put it all back in! 

I still need to run all the wires for the console. the lights will definitely work, it has a swtch panel for sliding doors & what not that'll be used for various things, and a compass & temp panel (compass probably won't work unless I can figure out a trick to not use the van computer.) speakers sound "ok" for the price. Looks awesome! Pictures for once don't do my craftsmanship justice lol! but I love it so I figured I'd share!

progress

done

Yeah, Pat Catans. They were like $10 apiece, before the 40% discount. I'll try to snap a few more pics tomorrow when I get it off my trailer.... Did some pretty hard wheeling all weekend & all the glue and everything held up awesome! As for some my front axle, not so much. I snaped a drag link, grabbed an auto zone replacement (it lasted about 3 hours, when it gave I was at the top of a very long steep loose rock/hill climb, ripped my passenger wheel completely off. both ball joints, LCA snapped, bent the shock, the tie rod, and crushed the stabilizer. lots of carnage lol. Time for my 60 swap!

• 1 month later...