Front lift question...

I have +1.75 XJ shackles on the factory springs. Out front I have a set of the +3" Rustys coils and like the look front to back.

Because of rear spring sag and unlevelness of the factory packs (Is that a word?) I will soon be adding a +3 BDS leaf springs to the rear of my MJ. (I'm keeping it SU) I purchased a set of R.E. adj lower control arms and ACOS spacers to adjust the height and caster up front. FYI, I already have a adj track bar on the vehicle as well as longer shocks & Brake lines all around.

Here is my question, whats a good starting point for the front lower control arm legnths. Figuring the front will be somewhere close to 5" of lift to level out the rear.

Thanks,

CW

Really the best way to set your uppers and lowers is by measuring your wheel base, then setting it to the "factory correct measurement, then adjusting your uppers to get a good balance between pinion angle and caster. Remembering Caster affects the way your ride wil handle on the road.

Patrick

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry for the miss information here guys......It was a mutial mistake in reading the catalogue!! BDS does not at this time offer this leaf spring!

I did find the rustys offering a 4" pack, anyone have any info on its avalibility? I ordered one last night and will follow up with a call on Monday. I'll post up what I hear.

I NEED rear springs soon....my front is in and sitting two inches taller than the rear!!! The AAL I put in netted me a -.5" of lift. :shock: YUP a NEGATIVE lift!!!!

CW

We ended up setting the LCA's @ 16.25" as a start. I need to adjust it a bit more for the additional lift I'll be dialing in. Right now it drives and handles better than ever!!

I ordered the RUSTYS 4" + leaf springs. They are in stock and shipping tomarrow!!

I'll reset the LCA's a bit longer after I figure where the front will end up as far as lift. (I am assuming I'll be going taller) You gotta LOVE the ACOS for its adjuatability in situations like mine!!!

CW