2.5 Tbi Intake Manifold Cracked Water Jacket.

Haven been on here in a while but i just bought me another project MJ. Its an 86, 2.5, ax4.4x4... I got it for 250$ with no rust but it had been sitting for the past three years due to sme one rearending it and breaking a tial light. The PO said that he searched up and down for the light but gave up and parked it. Luckey for me because i have 3 complete sets of light and one drivers side tail light wich happens to be the broken one.

After draning the fuel via a paper clip in the fuel pump relay, filling it with new gas and replacing the fuel filter she sparked back to life. After running her for a bit i realised that there is a hair line crack in the intake manifold that is leaking water, I don't realy understand why some people somt belive in antifreeze. I know thw newer MPIF 2.5s arent water jacketed intake manifolds and i was wondering why the TBI one was. Or realy i should say if i could by pass the line that goes to the intake manifold. Any thoughts...

Eventualy some time soon ill get over to the local U pull it and grab an Intake manifold but i was wondering if i could get by in the mean time by bypassing it...

I am usually a 4.0 guy but for the price i couldent say no to this one....

Thanks for any help....

Don't know a thing about the 2.5s, but . . . Are 2.5 carbed IMs water cooled/heated also? How is the manifold fed? What is the return path? Just curious . . . I've a 1984 Dodge Rampage - carbed 2.2 - - It had a water jacket attached to the manifold - Emissions thing & no sensor - fed from t stat housing/out to heater core valve - Hurts nothing to disable on these engines - - Same era engines - maybe same purpose? - - If no sensor on water part of manifold should be no prob with bypass - - Just a few thoughts B4 happy hour

:thumbsup: