Pulse Air Feeder???

so, I went to the junk yard this weekend to pick up a few things among them was a spare ECM. Normally this place charges $25 for computers. They called the ECM for cherokees and comanches a "Pulse Air Feeder" and charged me an extra $10 for it. I asked for an explanation and they pointed to the heatsink fins on the ECM and said its a Pulse air feeder off a Chrysler and its an extra $10. It was cold and I was tired so I gave up arguing and just ate the $10 and went home but its been bothering me ever since. Am I crazy or do these people not know what they're talking about??

so, I went to the junk yard this weekend to pick up a few things among them was a spare ECM. Normally this place charges $25 for computers. They called the ECM for cherokees and comanches a "Pulse Air Feeder" and charged me an extra $10 for it. I asked for an explanation and they pointed to the heatsink fins on the ECM and said its a Pulse air feeder off a Chrysler and its an extra $10. It was cold and I was tired so I gave up arguing and just ate the $10 and went home but its been bothering me ever since. Am I crazy or do these people not know what they're talking about??

Pulse Air Feeders were used extensively on the old 4.2L AMC engines, and some of the GM V6's and carbed 2.5's. They were never used on 91 and above OBDI and OBDII systems. So if you bought an ECU (computer) for a 92 you got shafted mate.