Wheels And Powder Coating

So I picked up a set of powder coated Gamblers at a very reasonable price, but have a few questions regarding powder coated wheels as I am not very familiar with powder coating:

1- Will the powder coating on the contact areas of the rim affect how the tire seals against the rim, or the valve stem against the rim?

2- Will having powder coating where the lug nut holds the wheel cause the lug nut to loosen after time?

3- Are there anything particular cons involved with powder coated wheels?

My intention is to use these Gamblers as winter wheels for studded tires. Any advice is appreciated.

I think that all the above bad things you mention will probably happen and you should give them to me for my 87'

so you will not have to worry. I have had several sets of powdercoated wheels (albeit done at the factory) and have never had any issues of any kind.

Need my address?

Bob

I think that all the above bad things you mention will probably happen and you should give them to me for my 87'

so you will not have to worry. I have had several sets of powdercoated wheels (albeit done at the factory) and have never had any issues of any kind.

Need my address?

Bob

Those won't fit on an 87'. They'd be perfect for my 88'. Shipping to zip 95969??

:yes: