The Stereos on our MJ's

When I go to upgrade the sound, I'm going to get the headlier re done but before that, I'm going to fab some speaker boxes out of wood and cover them in headliner material, mount them up in the upper cab corners. No loss of storage space and none of that muffled sound from the seat (I like my bench)

doing something similar on my bro's headliner....

we're putting a grand cherokee message center center console in it, except that I removed the message center system to fit a radar detector behind the "screen", and we're putting his switches for his lights and everything in the middle.

then he got a cherokee sound bar and cut it down, so that the speakers will fit in the corner.

we're fiberglassing over the headliner first, then doing the other side so that it's solid to work with, then fiberglassing the OHC in and then the speakers. we have brand new material to put in it's place.

I HIGHLY recommend that anyone who ever redoes a headliner at least coats it in fiberglass resin before they put the new material on it...otherwise it will just peel and sag again.

anyways, this is a solution to your speaker behind the seat problem

sorry for the old bump but was just wondering if you finished this project up would like to see some images of a finished project.

I've got Polk Audio 4" door speakers, they sound awesome, probably the best 15 bucks (from a pawn shop) I've spent in a while. They sound as deep as my 2x MTX 10" subs powered by a sony 600w amp. Not too worried about decibels, I can't hear anyway,,,,,,right ear is good, left is not so good,,,,some Arab friends of mine kept trying to blow me up always on the left side of the road dangit! :no:

Anyway, I have zero room behind the seats now. The system is really too loud, I can't turn it up for any extended length of time cause it gives me a headache and makes my jaw/teeth feel weird....so I keep it low most of the time, but enjoy being able to rock out when required. jamminz.gif I'll throw some pics up after work.

Good idea on the Grand Cherokee overhead console. :banana: What year did it come out of? I have no headliner in the truck, just the roof metal. A headliner is on the list.....