AW4 shift cable

Does anyone have a picture of where the AW4 floor shift cable enters the MJ's cab from the front? I can't seem to find a logical entry point

On my XJ it looks like it runs up under the brake booster and into a grommet in the upper corner of the firewall. Seems like and odd routing. I got the shift cable off of an 89 XJ with an AW4 and floor shifter in good shape but it doesn't seem long enough to make the whole trip up and around. What am I missing.

All the AW4's I have are column shift so no pic. If I remember correctly the cable goes through a hole to the left of center in the front vertical metal wall between the floorboard and transmission cover. If you got everything off an XJ, it should fit.

All the AW4's I have are column shift so no pic. If I remember correctly the cable goes through a hole to the left of center in the front vertical metal wall between the floorboard and transmission cover. If you got everything off an XJ, it should fit.

Now THAT would be way to logical. I cannot find such a hole...even with the tranny out.

I'm just about done with this swap but this here is vexing me. I look at the 90 XJ and the cable SEEMS to take the long route, almost like a PO swapped a column shift out for a floor shift...but my father bought it new in 1990. I look at the Chiltons manual and the actual diagram of the "hole" is the only thing not covered (which is typical of Chiltons).

OK, mission accomplished.

The hole is in the trans tunnel about 4-5" in front of the shifter assembly, off a bit to the left, looking up from below. I lowered the tranny about 4" to get the cable and the grommet up and over the bell housing. When I looked before all I saw was a dirt covered plug.

Thanks guys...it's time for a cocktail...I'm on vacation. :cheers: