Axle seals leaked!!!!!!

axle seals leaking,i just had my axle 2months ago regeared and yukon installed up front on the dana 30 and guess what they didnt put new seals in the axle tubes when they did it????is this a common practice????i would hope not as i paid them $340 to regear just in labor and now $254 with seals included and fluid to replace them!!! man I'm bummed but its supposely fixed and i have never done axles but it seems like a no brainer to do all seals when u pull gears!!ive fixed alot of crap being maint...and u don't put something new in without new seals period.... :mad:

Make sure the axle vent tube is clear. I recently had my rear D44 regeared and the axle seals would leak on a long interstate run due to increased pressure. Replaced the vent hose, cleaned out the hose end adapters, and no more leaks.

I don't think is comon practice to change the seals during a gear change. I have pulled axels several times from the differential and what gets me is that if you are not carefull the end of the axel when pulled will drag inside the axel tube and pick up any dirt sitting in the axel tube - same thing happens when you install them back up and now the seal is contaminated with sand or dirt and is unable to seal and the leak starts. I always clean the axel tubes when I pull an axel to make sure is clean - so far I had good luck.

well that makes sense...i just assummed that a 20yr old + seal since its there in the prox would be a good idea to change but i guess ???so far since change seams to not be leaking...will see...hey if anyone can give me a idea on how hard of a job it is???or just tinkerouse maybe doing the axles??